cView works with all versions of Crystal Reports. The higher the license quantity, the more money you save per seat.
- I love your product. It is exactly what I was looking for.
--Jennifer Newsom, www.newsom.com
- We are replacing the CRW designer on the report runner’s desktop with cView because cView handles parameters better.
-- Price Brattin
- Refreshes against live data. Users view correct reports without needing to demand new reports.
- Handles database access. Users don't need to log into the server to refresh a report or drill down.
- Eliminates license hassles. Per user license, with no hidden fees and no annual fees.
- Plays nice with others. Works with Citrix systems and similar arrangements.
cView offers an excellent mix of features for a Crystal Reports viewer. They are the features that users have told us they really want, rather than something we dreamed up for feature bloat. The idea was to provide a Crystal Reports viewer that meets the stated needs of the marketplace. We feel that cView is that Crystal Reports viewer. The features of this Crystal Reports viewer are....
- File Associations. You can set cView as the default Crystal Reports viewer.
- Database Security. cView stores the database security information prior to processing the report. You can lock this away from users, so they never see the database password.
- Ease of Control. Manage a folder of .rpt files, and use the local network security to decide who can view which reports.
- Secure Subreports. If your report includes a subreport that requires a database password, cView can process it. Some Crystal Reports viewers can't.
- Reduced TCO. cView is inexpensive. It's so easy to use that user calls to tech support are about nil.
- Inexpensive upgrade path.Why not make CR version upgrades inherently cost-effective with a desktop-based Crystal Reports viewer?
- Ease in scalability. cView makes it easy to add seats to your business intelligence system. Just buy another licensing pack, and you're good to go. For repeat customers, we offer repeat purchase discounts and simple licensing.
- Shortcut. You can create a shortcut to run any .rpt file in cView with one click.
- Ease of Use. Click a toolbar button or use File/Opento view reports.
- Interactive Parameters. If a report uses parameters, cView prompts the user and allows selecting answers from pick lists. cView supports all parameter types.
- One-click Print and Export. With one toolbar click, cView prints or exports Crystal Reports without requiring a preview.
- Output Flexibility. Export to other formats including PDF, Excel, Word, XML, and CSV. Print, email, or save the results.
- Report Instances. cView can create an instance of any of your Crystal Reports (file with saved data).
- Set Print Date. You can set the print date so the reports process at a specific time.
- View History, Folder, and Instances. You can select a view of all the reports in a folder, the history of the last ten, or all reports in the instances folder. Then you just select the report and can print, view, or export it.
cView is a powerful Crystal Reports viewer that allows users to work with (and view) reports in ways that other desktop viewers do not.
- Saves money.
- Improves performance.
- Reduces tech support calls.
And it works with Citrix and Terminal server systems.Because it allows you to process against live data, cView doesn't consign you to working with outdated information.
cView lets you modify many print and display settings. Users can dynamically change report file locations at run time. This works for datafile-based reports using FoxPro, Btrieve, or MS-Access.
If your users are comfortable using File/Open in other programs, they can easily use all of cView's features.
- User sees a simple screen with a list of reports.
- User selects the desired report and clicks "view."
- cView displays the report.
For users who want even less interaction, cView can be set up to run their favorite report by clicking a desktop icon. It really is that simple.
- Refresh against live data.
- View reports with saved data.
- Change parameters for print and display.
- Set up alerts.
- Export a report to other formats, such as Excel, PDF, Word, XML, and csv.
- Drill down into the report, just as if they had a Crystal license.
- View history of previously viewed reports.
- View folder of reports.
What is cView? It's a Crystal Reports viewer that works with Crystal Reports in ways that other viewers cannot. And it works with all versions of Crystal Reports.
What is a Crystal Reports viewer?
Can users view .rpt files any other way? Yes.
- With Crystal Reports 7 and earlier, the Report Designer could create compiled reports and distribute those to the Users.
- Web delivery for CR versions 8 and later.
- The option in Seagate Info software, if you're using this.
- A free Crystal Reports viewer.
All of these other methods have weaknesses that cView overcomes.
cView version 12. For Crystal Reports 2008 and later. (88 MB).
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 runtime redistributable package. Must be installed before installing cView version 12 on Windows Vista, 2008, or 7. (3 MB).
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. If your PC doesn't have the .NET Framework 3.5 installed, download and install this file before installing cView 12.(197 MB).
To see which versions of .NET are on your server or workstation, click Start (or Start Run) and enter this folder location:
Numbered folders within the Framework folder indicate which versions of the .NET Framework are installed.
cView version 11. For Crystal Reports XI and earlier. (61MB).
cView version 10. For maximum compatibility with Crystal Reports 9 and 10; for Windows 2000 and XP only; do not install on earlier or later Windows versions. (28MB).
cView version 8. For maximum compatibility with Crystal Reports 7, 8.0, and 8.5; for Windows 2000 and XP only; do not install on earlier or later Windows versions. Installing cView 8 on a PC that already has Crystal Reports 7, 8.0, or 8.5 installed may cause DLL conflicts.